Rsync configuration

Bhattacharyya, Somraj 02008937 at napier.ac.uk
Thu Jul 31 00:08:20 EST 2003

Very important I am just stucked at this point.

Hi

I started working on rsync and RH8 linux recently. I have loaded the
rsync-2.5.5-1.i386.rpm. The list of rsync help paramets are coming on
screen,when I am typing rsync -h.

But I coulnot find any rsync.conf file in my linux box. Could anyone
please tell me how to confgure and launch rsync for the following
purpose.

The scenario is:
I have two apache servers running on RH Linux-8 boxes. One of my web
server is the master server(146.176.165.2) and I want to make the other
one as a replica(146.176.165.1) of the master one. So, I need to
replicate the web pages automatically and I want to do it by rsync.
Right now the servers are within a same network but I have a plan to
place them into two different networks in future.

Eagerly waiting to hear ..
Thanks and regards
Somraj