@ERROR access denied

Hugh E Cruickshank hugh at forsoft.com
Tue Jul 8 12:14:42 EST 2003

Yes, the man page clearly states:

    Note  that you should not send the rsync server a HUP sig-
    nal to force it to reread the /etc/rsyncd.conf.  The  file
    is re-read on each client connection.

So I am obviously blind or at least not as attentive as I should be.

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com

From: jw schultz Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 17:40

> On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 02:38:02PM -0700, Hugh E Cruickshank wrote:
> > Hi Wayne:
> >
> > That's good to know. I thought that it might be the case (as it is
> > with SAMBA), but I did not see anything obvious in the man pages
> > (that or I am blind - always a good possibility).
>
> It is documented in the manpage.
>
> > From: Wayne Davison Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 12:44

> > > I've noticed that it's not necessary to kill and restart the rsync
> > > daemon to get it to honor changes to the rsyncd.conf file.  FYI.

---