@ERROR access denied

Hardy Merrill hmerrill at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 05:38:15 EST 2003

Ok, I think I've got it narrowed down.

1) First, comment out both 'hosts allow' and 'auth users',
save it, kill and restart the rsync daemon, and try your
rsync again.  Hopefully that will work.

2) Uncomment the 'hosts allow' line, save, kill and
restart daemon, and try rsync again - you will probably
get the same error you had before.  Your hosts allow line
looked like this:

  hosts allow	= fisdev pgiprd

3) Now, change the values of that hosts allow to be complete
domain names, like 'fisdev.your.domain.com' and
'pgiprd.your.domain.com' and see if that works now.

If you're not sure what the correct domain name is, on the
rsync server machine (this works on linux - not sure about
sco), do 'host fisdev' and see what it spits back.

According to 'man rsyncd.conf', you can use dotted quad ip
addresses, host names as determined by reverse dns, and
a few other things.

4) Once you have 'hosts allow' working ok, then move on to
'auth users' - my thought is that that will go smoothly once
the 'hosts allow' works right.

Again, please post your results.

--
Hardy Merrill