@ERROR access denied

Hardy Merrill hmerrill at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 04:30:01 EST 2003

Hugh, I did a quick test with 2.5.5, and here's what made it
work for me - the 'read only' parameter.  Here's my daemon
/etc/rsyncd.conf file:

log file = /var/log/rsync
# this is a comment
[rsync-test]
        uid=test
        gid=test
        read only=no
        path=/test_rsync

it didn't work until I added the 'read only=no'.  Here's a
blurb from the rsync manpage:

    read only
           The "read only" option determines whether clients
           will  be  able to  upload  files  or  not.  If
           "read  only"  is  true then any attempted uploads
           will  fail.  If  "read  only"  is  false  then
           uploads will be possible if file permissions on
           the server allow them. The default is for all modules
           to be read only.

Give that a try and post back your results.

HTH.
--
Hardy Merrill
Red Hat, Inc.