rsyncd 2.5.6 still treats sysmlinks differently

Karl Wieman kwieman at blackrock.com
Thu Jan 30 06:34:43 EST 2003

With much hope I upgraded to rsync version 2.5.6 in hopes that it would
correct the symbolic link bug I have been wrestling with...

No dice.  It still insists on dropping the leading slash from a symbolic
link outside the source tree. Interactively it still works fine, but as
a daemon it's busted.

See previous posting 'rsyncd treats symlinks differently' for details.

Can someone acknowledge this issue ?  Is it a bug ? feature ? something
else entirely ?

Thanks

--
Karl A. Wieman                         voice:  212-409-3371
Director, Technology                   fax:    212-407-5697
BlackRock Financial Management Inc.    e-mail: kwieman at blackrock.com

"Audacity is a virtue that should always be practiced with caution."
                                - Walter Slovotsky