problem with option -n and empty directories

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 30 04:54:53 EST 2003

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 05:31:59PM +0100, Marco Broglia wrote:
> I have a problem using option -n (to test if a sync operation will be
> done)

Yeah, it's a known bug that -n doesn't mention everything that rsync
would output if -n wasn't specified.  I've also noticed that rsync
sometimes does things _without_ -n with no mention either -- for
instance, if it changes a file mode or an owner (but nothing else about
the file) it doesn't output anything.  This is something that we should
look into fixing.