Proposal that we now create two branches - 2_5 and head
wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 29 16:31:23 EST 2003
On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 03:24:57PM +1100, Martin Pool wrote:
> I agree that this would be a good approach if and only if there is
> energy to do lots of development in the head branch. What do you have
> in mind?
I have several patches that I'm planning to check in soon (I'm waiting
to see if we have any post-release tweaking to and/or branching to do).
This list is off the top of my head, but I think it is complete:
- New option: --flist-from.
- Fix include/exclude of a name with an interior slash to not become
anchored to the root (e.g. foo/bar.txt should match anywhere in the
tree that ends with that path).
- Fix include/exclude to not treat '*' like "**" whenever there's a
"**" on the line.
- Fix include/exclude of "**/foo" to match at the root.
- Add some form of --delete-source (old --move-files) support.
I have patches for all of these already, and none of them are going to
be hugely disruptive, but it would be easy enough to just toss in a
branch tag now, just in case we need it.
More information about the rsync