Cygwin issues: modify-window and hangs

Dave Dykstra dwd at drdykstra.us
Mon Jan 27 03:57:01 EST 2003

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 06:32:08PM +0100, Greger Cronquist wrote:
>  --- Max Bowsher <maxb at ukf.net> skrev: > Dave Dykstra
> wrote:
>
> > I'm using the current Cygwin release
> > (rsync-2.5.5-2). That is rsync-2.5.5,
> > with an added msleep(30) which is intended to deal
> > with a possible problem
> > with signals in Cygwin.
>
> Making that msleep(100) works even better for me.

Ah, I found the messages that were discussing this and I see this was
supposed to prevent hangs at the ends of runs.  I went ahead and put an
msleep(100) in before the final kill...USR2 in main.c do_recv().

I also finally remembered that the calls to shutdown() were for "Connection
reset by peer" errors and not hangs.  I went ahead and put in a define
SHUTDOWN_ALL_SOCKETS which is only set by configure on Cygwin and call
shutdown when it is set.  Hopefully that will get rid of messages.

- Dave Dykstra