Cygwin issues: modify-window and hangs

Max Bowsher maxb at ukf.net
Mon Jan 27 08:25:00 EST 2003

Dave Dykstra wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 06:32:08PM +0100, Greger Cronquist wrote:
>>  --- Max Bowsher <maxb at ukf.net> skrev: > Dave Dykstra
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm using the current Cygwin release
>>> (rsync-2.5.5-2). That is rsync-2.5.5,
>>> with an added msleep(30) which is intended to deal
>>> with a possible problem
>>> with signals in Cygwin.
>>
>> Making that msleep(100) works even better for me.
>
> Ah, I found the messages that were discussing this and I see this was
> supposed to prevent hangs at the ends of runs.  I went ahead and put
> an msleep(100) in before the final kill...USR2 in main.c do_recv().

Note that this is something of a kludge, which hasn't fixed the problem in
all cases. I'd say there is an argument for leaving this in the Cygwin
patches, out of the upstream source, until a better solution can be found,
or Cygwin changed to avoid this. However, don't hold 2.5.6 up to discuss
this, and we should probably wait for Lapo Luchini's opinion on this.

Max.