List access to rsyncd.conf modules

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Mon Jan 13 20:55:02 EST 2003

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 12:40:28PM -0000, Tamana, Daljit D wrote:

> I've seen this question asked in the archives, but not really answered.
>
> I would like to limit the rsync operation to modules listed in the
> rsyncd.conf file and hence disallow any command line syncs.
>
> Is there any way of doing this?

Yes.  You could restrict execution of the rsync binary using
perms and/or locaton.  If you don't disable rsh, ssh and all
other remote shells though you're only making things a tiny
bit more difficult.

The below notification is null and void and is way too long.
Also a google on the company name is now likely rank the
mailing list posting higher than relevant sites.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt