Rsync between HPUX11.11 and Redhat7.3

Kenny Gorman kgorman at paypal.com
Tue Feb 25 02:46:47 EST 2003

Not sure if this helps, but I remember that I had a problem when rsync
solaris->red hat.  I basically ended up using the whole-file option.  It
appeared that there was some issue with the incremental compare when
rsync'ing cross-platform.   Once I used the whole-file option,
everything was kosher.  Not sure if that fits your situation.  Other
people on this list may know more regarding the nuances of the
incremental compare when doing it cross-platform.

-kg