rsync daemon and secrets file

Hardy Merrill hmerrill at redhat.com
Wed Aug 27 02:04:53 EST 2003

Martin Pool [mbp at sourcefrog.net] wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:49:36 -0400
> Hardy Merrill <hmerrill at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > IMHO, it would enhance user understanding to provide a
> > concrete EXAMPLE of this.  Also, it would help in
> > 'man rsyncd.conf' not only to see an example of an
> > rsyncd.conf file, but also to see examples of the
> > different transfers that could be done with that
> > rsyncd.conf file.  I'm not criticizing - just mearly
> > noticing an area that given some attention, could
> > increase user understanding and decrease support.
>
> Could you please draft a couple of paragraphs to add to the manual
> that you think would improve it?  If you post them here I will check
> them and commit them.

Documentation is definitely not my strong suit :-)  It's
pretty rough, and I'm not sure that it's in the place that
makes the most sense, but it's at least a start.  Let me
know what your thoughts are.

I first checked out rsync from CVS this morning and started
with rsyncd.conf.5 from that.  I'm including the whole
*changed* rsyncd.conf.5 - I added an EXAMPLE in the
"auth users" section.

Thanks.

--
Hardy Merrill