Rsync error 23 /Partial transfer / workaround needed (fwd)

Adam Bentley ccx009 at coventry.ac.uk
Tue Sep 17 14:08:00 EST 2002

Hi, I posted a list of problems I was having with rsync 2.5.5 (on
Digital Unix 4.0f) which I've now been able to address thanks to some
kernel tuning but I still have one outstanding problem - I still have
situation where files which are added to the filelist for updating on
the remote end  are deleted by the client systems' web software
before they are sent - at least I believe this is what is stopping some of
them completing  - see below

send_files failed to open /some/path/to/file
11455: No such file or directory
rsync error: partial transfer (code 23) at main.c(578)

Can someone confirm what happens in this circumstance? Does that
particular rysnc abort or does it carry on having generated the error.