ERROR: out of memory in flist_expand on Tru64 UNIX

David Starks-Browning starksb at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Sep 16 10:52:00 EST 2002

On Wednesday 28 Aug 02, George Chalissery writes:
> I am running rsync version 2.5.5 on Tru64 UNIX on two AlphaServers running
> version 4.0F and version 5.1.

(Sorry for the delay in replying!)

Digital Unix 4.0 is notorious for having a very small stack limit by
default.  What does 'ulimit -s' say on each host?  Try increasing this
limit to something much more generous.  (Perhaps to the 32MB default
used in Tru64 5.1, which is probably the hard limit in DU 4.0 anyway.)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
David