Rsync fail repeatedly on the same files.

Luis M lemsx1 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 8 18:11:00 EST 2002

maybe the connection is going over a firewall/router that has a timeout
after a given number of idle time? or after a number of seconds/minutes the
connection gets reseted by this router?

try to sync locally from say folder 1 to directory 2 .... then you can rule
out that your rsync is not the flawed one...

but it could be a million other things though...

my $0.02 contribution...

>I’m trying to rsync Windows 2000 to Linux.  It fail on the same file every
>in every try.
>
>If  I delete from the source the problematic file, then it fail again after
>a while on other file.  The file size vary etc.
>

>I install rsync on other Linux for test, and there was no problem to rsync
>the entire directory
>
>to this new destination.
>

>The error message on the client site is some thing like this:
>

>rsync: error writing 14957 unbuffered bytes - exiting: Connection reset by
>peer
>
>rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(463)
>

>I’m running 2.5.5 on both sides.
>
>Tried to use --partial  and it still fail.
>
>I install on the client side the cygwin patch for “connection reset by
>peer”
>with no help.
>
>I even download on the server side rsync version to 2.5.2 and it’s the same
>problem.
>

>It seems that the problem is on the server side.  This is our backup server
>located on ISP
>
>facility over seas.
>

>Please advaise.
>

>Addady
>

>--

Luis Mondesi
System Administrator/Web developer
LatinoMixed.com

lemsx1 at hotmail.com

You think Oedipus had a problem -- Adam was Eve's mother.

Be secured. Get the public signature here:
http://www.latinomixed.com/lems1/public-a.asc