Error on Solaris 9 (2.5.5)

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Fri Sep 6 16:26:00 EST 2002

That is done by using a passprhaseless key.  It's been a common topic of
discussion.  ssh won't take plain stdin for the password, I think.
Somebody on the list had another agent that could handle it.  Maybe he'll
speak up.  Of course, if you have something on your system that can give
the passphrase to the key, and you're relying on unix permissions to keep
people out of it, you can rely on unix permissions to keep them off your
identity file, as well, so I recommend that you just use a passphraseless
key, and be careful about how it's accessible.  Insisting on a passphrase
is false security, at an administrative level, though it makes sense to
demand it of regular users.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917 office, 303.921.0301 cell
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, caesupport2 on AIM
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

"Michael Carter" <mcarter at ragingwire.com>
09/06/2002 09:57 AM
Please respond to mikec