specifying destination dir for a file ...

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Fri Nov 8 15:00:01 EST 2002

Take a look at the -R option.  With some jiggering of paths, you should be
able to make it work.

Tim Conway
conway.tim at spilihp.com reorder name and reverse domain
303.682.4917 office, 303.921.0301 cell
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, caesupport2 on AIM
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

troszok at medialogic.it
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org
11/08/02 02:47 AM

        To:     rsync at samba.org
        cc:     (bcc: Tim Conway/LMT/SC/PHILIPS)
        Subject:        specifying destination dir for a file ...
        Classification:

Hello,
I have two machines, that have directories that needs
to be in sync ( for example ~/sync on localhsot and /tmp/sync
on remote). I would like to rsync one file from localhost
to remote but:
on localhost the file is ~/sync/dir/file.txt
and i would like to put it to exatcly this same dir
( /tmp/sync/dir/file.txt ).
Problem starts when 'dir' doesn't exists on the remote side.
Is there a way to force rsync to recreate needed directories ?

kind regards,

--
-[jakub troszok]-[troszok at medialogic.it]-