rsync 2.5.5 hanging

Michael Montero mmontero at mail.communityconnect.com
Thu May 30 07:38:02 EST 2002

I've been through the archive and found nothing definitive on this.
However, I am definitely seeing rsync hanging.  I'm rsyncing from a
Solaris 2.8 box running rsync 2.5.5  protocol version 26 and SSH version
2.1.0 (non-commercial version) to a Linux RedHat box running rsync 2.5.5
protocol version 26 and SSH version OpenSSH_3.1p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0,
OpenSSL 0x0090603f.  Wondering if anyone has seen anything like this or
have any clues?

The one thing I did notice was that the temporary file written on the
receiving end (in /tmp) actually grows to be bigger then the actual file
size.  I did not include a strace/truss but I can if anyone thinks that
will help.

Thanks in advance.