-c Option

Michael Montero mmontero at mail.communityconnect.com
Thu May 30 07:32:03 EST 2002

Hello all.  I've been using rsync for quite some time and when I
originally began using it I was religious about including the -c option.
I've read the man page and noticed the significant performance hit I take
in using it.  I was wondering if someone would be able to clarify for me
what the benefits are in using this option.  Why would someone want to?

I can't quite remember why I decided to use it....the scripts using rsync
were written nearly 3 years ago.  However, I must have read somewhere on a
mailing list that the option was important for one reason or another.

Any insight would be great.  I can cut my sync times down by almost 80%.

Thanks.