fixes for bugs in error handling in rsync-2.5.2; and updates for rsync3.txt

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Mar 27 17:15:39 EST 2002

[ On Wednesday, March 27, 2002 at 15:39:32 (+1100), Martin Pool wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: fixes for bugs in error handling in rsync-2.5.2; and updates for rsync3.txt
>
> I had a look at this again today and it looks OK.
>
> Do you have a reproducible case similar to the bug you experienced?

Not at the moment, though if you can arrange to have an rsync server
always return "too many connections" or the like then a simple test to
be sure you get a non-zero exit code will prove the bug is fixed.

(I'm not sure if an older version server is needed to trigger the bug,
or not, though that was the case in the scenario where I developed the
fix.)

> Committed to 2.5.

Thanks!

--