rsync & io

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Fri Mar 22 11:13:36 EST 2002

You're obviously not the first to need this.  That's why the '--bwlimit='
option was added.  Set it to however many Kbps you want rsync to use.  I
usually use 768 going over our wan, to spare some bandwidth on the T1, and
maybe 10000 over the lan (in my case, all the dasd is nfs).  I suspect
that it may affect local-to-local transfers as well, but haven't tested
it, but you can always use localhost:path to make sure.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

Paul Haas <paulh at hamjudo.com>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org