map_ptr warning

Dave Dykstra dwd at bell-labs.com
Fri Mar 22 04:53:57 EST 2002

That should have been fixed in 2.5.3, are you sure you upgraded both
sides?  Unfortunately, 2.5.3 introduced a core dump in -z, which was fixed
in 2.5.4 so you should upgrade again.  More unfortunately, we just
discovered that 2.5.3 also introduced a bug which turns off the rsync
rolling checksum algorithm under some circumstances and that has not yet
been fixed in a released version.

- Dave Dykstra