4.4BSD chflags support for rsync

Rolf Grossmann grossman at isis.securitas.net
Sat Mar 9 06:18:11 EST 2002

Hi Dave,

on Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:55:10 -0600 Dave Dykstra wrote
concerning "Re: 4.4BSD chflags support for rsync" something like this:

> New options are usually handled by just letting the remote side fail when
> it doesn't understand the option, as you're doing.  Perhaps you just
> shouldn't include it with -a.

Ok, changed that. I also put a note in the manpage.

> At a minimum, you'd need to update the rsync.yo and rsync.1 versions of
> the man page before it could be accepted.

Heh, I knew I forgot something. ;) I've updated the patch. When building
the new rsync.1 manpage, an entry about --ignore-existing was also included
and is contained in my patch.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks, Rolf