4.4BSD chflags support for rsync

rg at progtech.net rg at progtech.net
Sat Mar 2 05:12:47 EST 2002

Hi,

I've changed rsync to support the BSD change file flags. However, this
raises some compatibility problems, especially when including it with
the -a option. If the remote host does not understand the new option
for updating file flags, the user gets an error message about an
unknown option. How should I handle this?

If you'd like to look at the patch (and preferably integrate it with the
main source ;)) you can get it at http://www.progtech.net/rsync.flags-patch
All comments are welcome, but please CC me directly as I'm not on the list.

Thanks and bye,
Rolf