Largest file system being synced

Marcelo Roccasalva marcelo at aguifarma.com.ar
Fri Jun 28 12:13:02 EST 2002

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 08:43:04AM +1200, Jason Haar wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 01:31:12PM -0700, jw schultz wrote:
> > It doesn't work at the filesystem level.  It works at the
> > block device level.  Every time a block is modified it is
> > queued for transmission to the mirror(s).  If the same block
>
> Are there any Linux users out there using the likes of RAID'ed-NBD, CODA or
> Intermezzo for a similar effect?

I've tried LVM+NBD some time ago (kernel 2.4.7 if my memory serves me well)
but it blocked unexpectedly if I rebuilt indexes in a few megs cobol file...
I switched to rsync as the requirements of the project allowed me to (and
also avoided the fsck on server switch). I haven't tried again since then...

--
Marcelo