Largest file system being synced

Granzow, Doug (NCI) granzowd at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jun 27 11:22:05 EST 2002

We're planning to move to Veritas Volume Replicator.  It has the advantage
of working at the filesystem level, so whenever a write is done on the
primary site, the same write is automatically done on the mirror site.  For
what I am doing here, it should (hopefully!) work a lot better than rsync
because it runs continuously, and it doesn't have the startup overhead of
building a file list, which is the biggest problem with rsync when you are
dealing with large groups of files.