rsync finishes but incomplete

Dave Dykstra dwd at bell-labs.com
Thu Jun 27 11:00:03 EST 2002

You'll have to be more specific if you want some help.  The best thing
to do would be to try to create a simple example that you can fully
explain so somebody else could reproduce it.  Very often that helps people
to understand the root cause just by going through the exercise.  At
the least you'll need to exactly specify the rsync versions, the cygwin
versions, which files weren't copied, and any error messages that are
going to stderr.  It doesn't look like you're directing stderr anywhere,
and on most systems that will get sent by email to the owner of the
account that cron is running under.  Rather than redirecting job.log
explicitly on every command, you might want to surround the whole thing
with parentheses and add "2>&1", like this:

    (
    ... your commands without the ...
    ) >> /home/rsync/job.log 2>&1

- Dave Dykstra