Configuring Rsync daemon with ssh (non-root)

Dave Dykstra dwd at bell-labs.com
Wed Jul 31 07:18:02 EST 2002

ssh and daemon mode don't work together in rsync (currently, although a
patch has been submitted), and it's not clear to me you need daemon mode
for anything.  Just use normal rsync syntax and add "-e ssh" to have it use
ssh.  Does that work for you?  If not, you've got several problems with
your rsync config file that you need to work through, too numerous for me
to itemize if you're going to end up not using it anyway.

- Dave