Rsync/FreeBSD/Macintosh Files...

Catalino Cuadrado ccuadrado at mail.wesleyan.edu
Tue Jul 9 16:14:34 EST 2002

Macs are supported using Rsync..you need to have version 2.5.5, it's
distributed with RsyncX. You can grab a copy at http://www.macosxlabs.org/
I've found it useful to copy from a local harddrive to another local hard
drive, but I haven't gotten it to work successfully to do a full system
reinstall over the netwrok. It does preserve resource forks and all that
stuff. If you're not sure what versyion you have just type "rsync
--version" without the quotes and you'll see something that should say
Rsync 2.5.5
HFS+ support by Kevin A. Boyd
and list the creators of the original software. This version will support
resource forks.
-Tito