Log format

Jake Repp jrepp at nwlink.com
Mon Jul 8 22:55:02 EST 2002

Rsync uses the fork() system call to spawn a process that does most of the
actual work. I believe the first message is from the parent and the second
message is from the fork()'d child. Many of the variables in rsync are
global so they can be copied from the parent to the child process, you may
wish to save the connecting hostname into a temporary buffer which you would
write out from the child process (with it's child process id) or log another
message from the parent after forking (fork returns the child's process id).

-jake