Rsync and Resource File Stripping on Mac OS X: Partially Successful

Catalino Cuadrado ccuadrado at mail.wesleyan.edu
Wed Jul 3 15:36:13 EST 2002

I'm running Mac OS 10.1.5 and Rsync verison 2.5.5 Protocol Version 26 on
both machines. They were built from the same image using rsync copying
from a removable firewire drive. I connected the firewire drive that I
used to make both the startup images for the two computers I'm attempting
to download to. I've found that the files will copy the permissions
correctly if the target and host are logged in as root, but the drive will
not boot. I've wiped the drive with Disk Utility before attempting the
install and am running OSX from another partition of the hard drive.
According to rsync there should be no problem. I'm pushing from the host
to the target using a secure shell connection from the client to the host
machine.
-Tito

   To heal will require real effort, and a change of heart, from all of
us.  To heal means that we will begin to look upon one another with
respect and tolerance instead of prejudice, distrust, and hatred.