Code 20 Failure

Brian Warn bwarn-nm at seattletimes.com
Tue Jul 2 10:15:01 EST 2002

Hello, after looking through the archives, I've not found any previous
answers that covered my situation.  Last week, I lost the ability to
rsync from a solaris 2.8 box to a windows 2000 box that had worked fine
for months previous to the failure.  I looked through the rsyncd.log
file and found "transfer interrupted (code 20) at rsync.c(229)" entries
starting on the date which the failures began.  I won't put in the
details of my configuration files, etc. until I hear what sort of info
you'll need to assist me in my troubleshooting efforts.  I will say,
however, that one of our network gurus put a sniffer between the two
boxes and couldn't detect any traffic between the two boxes when I ran
the previously-working rsync script I put together.

Thanks!
Brian