Rsync Daemon Problems on Mac OS 10.1.5

Catalino Cuadrado ccuadrado at mail.wesleyan.edu
Tue Jul 2 10:07:02 EST 2002

Dave- I've got the rsync daemon running as root, (setgroups() man page
said that if setgroups wasn't called as root it would give an error
message) and I've configured the ports correctly a la man page. I still
get the error with setgroups.
If it's a recently implemented security feature could I yank that section
out of the code and recompile it again? I haven't had a chance to really
delve into the code and fink around with it, honestly I've been trying to
avoid that:)  The --daemon feature is the only
thing that's giving me trouble. I've gotten it to copy locally from source
to source and at least start copying across a network(although it wasn't
very successful in terms of copying..it couldn't "find" a lot of
files/folders that were there) So unless nobody has gotten the --daemon
function working, I guess it's time to go code diving.
-Tito

   To heal will require real effort, and a change of heart, from all
of
us.  To heal means that we will begin to look upon one another with
respect and tolerance instead of prejudice, distrust, and hatred.