Error when compile rsync

Albert Chin rsync at lists.thewrittenword.com
Thu Jan 31 17:38:11 EST 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 06:23:02PM -0800, Jennifer Lu wrote:
> I tried to compile rsync-2.5.2 on Solaris 5.7 Ultra-2 machine,
> 5.7 on Ultra-2 is running 64 bit, but, when I ran configure,
> it said no for largefile, I thought 2.5.2 will support large
> file? Is that true?

Please be more specific. What configure output are you having
difficult with? I just built 2.5.2 with CFLAGS=-xarch=v9 and get:
  ..
  checking for broken largefile support... no
  checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
  checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
  checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... no

This is to be expected as -xarch=v9 enables 64-bit mode which defaults
to supporting large files (because we're using 64-bit integral types).

--
albert chin (china at thewrittenword.com)