Keep one BIG file in sync

Joseph Annino jannino at jannino.com
Fri Feb 22 12:48:00 EST 2002

But I thought rsync will always copy the complete file, not just the
differences.  So the checksums are for the complete file, and if the
complete file checksum doesn't match, the complete file is transferred.
That isn't whats desired here, just the differences WITHIN a file.

If my understanding is wrong and rsync does have the proper magic to copy
just the differences within a file then rsync is even cooler than I thought.