Win2K -> Win2K rsync ( SIGUSR1 or SIGINT)

Rönnblom Janåke /Teknous jan-ake.ronnblom at skeria.skelleftea.se
Tue Feb 12 08:11:23 EST 2002

>Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:12:50 -0500
>From: "Hornyak, Doug" <dhornyak at mlp.com>
>
>Has anybody out there set up a rsync environment that allows mirroring
>of files between two Windows 2000 servers?

I have tried it with mixed results. If i transfer a small amount of files
and data it works. However when i try to transfer the whole directory
it only checks which files it should transfer and then give me an error
mesage.
The directory structure holds about 400.000 files.

I have tried:
2.5.1 (cygwin official version)
2.5.2 (compiled it myself)
2.5.2+patches (compiled it myself)
2.5.3pre1 (compiled it myself)

None of those work with larger amounts of files, they give me differnt
error message
but lately this one (2.5.1):

rsync error: received SIGUSR1 or SIGINT (code 20) at rsync.c(229)

other messages have been (2.5.2):
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(152).

For now Im evaluating robocopy (w2k resource kit).

Janåke Rönnblom
SKERIA Utveckling AB (Teknous)
Assistentgatan 23
931 77 Skelleftea (Sweden)