List of rsync output / error messages

Joseph Annino jannino at jannino.com
Thu Feb 7 07:39:18 EST 2002

Is there a good place to get information about the list of all possible
output and error messages rsync generates?  Or should I just muck around the
source code (which I haven't looked at yet) and find them?

I am doing something where I would like to parse rsync's output using Perl
into a set of data structures.  I already have something that works under
normal conditions.  Eventually I'd like to use that data as part of building
a Perl/Tk interface.  Of course to parse the output successfully, I need to
know all the possibilities as surprises can throw things out of whack.

And this is just an idea, but ways to make rsync's output more easily
parseable, and more verbose in terms to reporting information that would be
useful for say making a progress bar would be nice to discuss.

Thanks.

--
Joseph Annino Consulting - Perl, PHP, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
jannino at jannino.com - http://www.jannino.com