rsync usage... and I did RTFM

Ross Becker rbecker at extremenetworks.com
Wed Feb 6 03:47:31 EST 2002

Hey folks,
   I've been through the rsync documentation, and to the best of my ability,
I dont see how to do exactly what I wish to do. I'd go through the mailing
list archives, but there doesnt seem to be a search function.

Essentially, I need to rsync securely between some sites, but I want logs
written. The problem is,  it appears that using rsyncd is the only way to
get logs, but if you use rsyncd, there's no way to use ssh for secure
transfers. Is there any way to both get logs written and use ssh at the same
time?

Thanks
  --Ross Becker