rsync: push_dir TESTDIR: No such file or directory

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Tue Aug 27 12:03:00 EST 2002

Daemian:  You're mixing two mutually-exclusive modes - rsync over ssh, and
rsync over rsync internal TCP transport to an rsyncd.  -e ssh is ignored
on rsync to rsyncd, and rsync to rsyncd requires the double-colon("::")
representation of the remote.  The --port= is also relevant only to
contacting an rsyncd.
In this case, you are opening an ssh stream, and passing info over that,
to a shell.  "MYUSERNAME at MY.SERV.ER.IP:TESTDIR" means external transport to the subdirectory named "TESTDIR" under the
home directory of "MYUSERNAME" on machine "MY.SERV.ER.IP".

So, your rsyncd.conf is also meaningless in this context.

Looking at it from the purpose of successfully doing what your command
does, I'd first try
ssh MY.SERV.ER.IP <-l MYUSERNAME> pwd
and see if it's what you expect.  You might be landing in a directory
where you don't have write perms... It's happenned.

Let me know what you find.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917 office, 303.921.0301 cell
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, caesupport2 on AIM
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

"Mack, Daemian" <DMack at Tickets.com>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org
08/27/2002 10:52 AM