Rsync from windows to unix

S Peram perams27 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 3 08:46:02 EST 2002

Hi,
I'm trying to use rsync from Windows to Unix.
I've followed the directions on :
http://optics.ph.unimelb.edu.au/help/rsync/rsync_pc1.html

I can see ssh running on the windows machine, because
I tested it using telnet localhost 22 and I can see
the result "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.4p1".
But when I try
"$ rsync -avz -e ssh user at windowsserver::/rsync/* ."
from the Linux machine I'm getting the error message
 "ERROR: The remote path must start with a module
name"
Even when I try
"$ rsync -avz -e ssh user at windowsserver:/rsync/* ."
I'm getting the error
$ rsync -avz -e ssh speram at 172.20.70.33:/testrsync/* .
user at windows server password: <i enter domain passwd>
"unexpected EOF in read_timeout"

The rsync daemon seems to be running too, since
$telnet localhost 873 gave me the result
@RSYNCD: 25
I'd appreciate if any of you gurus can guide me where
I'm going wrong.

Thanks,
Peram