rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at main.c(925)

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Thu Aug 1 16:20:03 EST 2002

Hi,

Sorry I didn't want to fill my original mail up with too much info  :-\

Rsync on the Linux box is exactly the same version also compiled from source.

SSH on Solaris Box:  SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0, protocol versions 1.5/2.0.

SSH on Linux Box:  OpenSSH_3.4p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090605f

An abridged version of the script that is being run (on the solaris box):

#!/bin/sh

LOGFILE=/path/to/logfile
USER=abuser
HOST=host.domain.com