rsync hanging (Sun -> AIX)

neil.pawson at ps.ge.com neil.pawson at ps.ge.com
Wed Apr 24 02:06:01 EST 2002

I've managed to get rsync to work as a daemon rather than via remsh (many
thanks to Martin Pool for suggesting this!).  The remsh problems still
exists though.

Sorry but I got a (possibly) vital piece of information wrong in my last
mail, it turns out that the box is actually a Tru64 UNIX box instead of AIX
as I stated.  Someone told me it was an AIX box when I arrived and I didn't
check.

A further (more minor problem) is that Martin suggested that I move up to
the latest version of rsync but when I compile it on the machine I get the
errors below.  Unfortunately the machine doesn't have gcc on it (which I
know compiles it successfully) so I'm having to use the native cc.  It's
been a while since I've done much C so I'm not sure what's going on here:

cc: Error: lib/getaddrinfo.c, line 180: In this statement, "EAI_MAX" is not
decl
ared. (undeclared)
        if (ecode < 0 || ecode > EAI_MAX)
---------------------------------^
cc: Error: lib/getaddrinfo.c, line 262: In this statement, "EAI_BADHINTS" is
not
 declared. (undeclared)
                        ERR(EAI_BADHINTS); /* xxx */
------------------------^
cc: Error: lib/getaddrinfo.c, line 263: In this statement, "AI_MASK" is not
decl
ared. (undeclared)
                if (hints->ai_flags & ~AI_MASK)
---------------------------------------^
cc: Error: lib/getaddrinfo.c, line 297: In this statement, "EAI_BADHINTS" is
not
 declared. (undeclared)
                                ERR(EAI_BADHINTS);      /*xxx*/
--------------------------------^
cc: Error: lib/getaddrinfo.c, line 303: In this statement, "EAI_BADHINTS" is
not
 declared. (undeclared)
                                ERR(EAI_BADHINTS);      /*xxx*/
cc: Error: lib/getaddrinfo.c, line 353: In this statement, "EAI_PROTOCOL" is
not
 declared. (undeclared)
                                        ERR(EAI_PROTOCOL);      /*xxx*/
*** Exit 1