rsync hanging (Sun -> AIX)

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Wed Apr 24 18:38:01 EST 2002

> cc: Error: lib/getaddrinfo.c, line 180: In this statement, "EAI_MAX" is not declared. (undeclared)
>         if (ecode < 0 || ecode > EAI_MAX)

I think these problems come about because the system has what in
Australia we would call a half-arsed implementation of RFC2553, the
getaddrinfo() API.

The IPv6 patch was really helpful on Linux/BSD, but has turned
out to be quite a problem on old platforms.  I think I will look at
migrating back to using the old gethostbyname() interface, at least
on systems that don't have the new one.

As Tim said, you should see about getting gcc. For less than
the cost of an international ticket :-) you can get a nicely
packaged binary from TheWrittenWord, or the FSF(?), or other
vendors.  Do yourself a favour.

--
Martin