Update: WARNING: --rsh or -e option ignored when connecting torsyncdaemon]

Jack Khoo jackkhoo at xybase.com
Wed Apr 17 03:39:01 EST 2002

i try to start the rsync daemon with " rsync -p 22 --daemon" on the remote server(host)  and then

ps -ef |grep rsync
    root 44262     1   0 01:18:57      -  0:00 /usr/local/bin/rsync -p --daemon 22

"rsync -auvz --password-file=/export/home/tester01/rsync.pwd
/export/home/tester01/. axlink at host::/home/axlink/rs"

i got the error below:
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(150)

but if i use back "rsync -auve ssh -z  --password-file=/export/home/tester01/rsync.pwd
/export/home/tester01/. axlink at host:/home/axlink/rs"

it prompt for password, how do i escape from key in the passwd where auto login is possible by refer to rsync.pwd

kindly advise