rsync under Mac OS X - advice/alternatives needed

Mark Hodge mark.hodge at stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Tue Apr 16 14:37:02 EST 2002

Hi everyone.

I'm wanting to synchronise (one way) several shared folders between
Mac OS X 10.1.3 file servers, and am interested to hear whether
anyone has used rsync to do this, or knows whether the version of
rsync supplied with Mac OS X is aware of and properly supports Mac OS
X and HFS+ volumes, permissions, and ownership information, and if
not, whether there is an alternative that is supported (Sychronize
Pro! X does not work properly in this regard).

Cheers,
Mark

(I've only suscribed to this list last night, and this is my first
post, so if this has already been answered, please don't flame me :-)
Mark Hodge                               Information Technology Services,
Systems Engineer                                     University of Otago,
Phone: +64 3 479 8598/021 614 134                             P O Box 56,
Fax:   +64 3 479 5080                                            Dunedin,
Email: mark.hodge at otago.ac.nz                                New Zealand.