Do you like rsync 2.5.5?

Eric Whiting ewhiting at amis.com
Wed Apr 3 11:02:09 EST 2002

Martin Pool wrote:
>   Has anybody tried 2.5.5?  Did it work well?

I ran it last night on about 400 trees. It seemed to timeout improperly.
I'll have more data on this tomorrow. Timeout was set at 1000 and it
seemed to timeout more than I've seen before (about 50 of the trees
reported timeouts). Of course it could have been a very bad network
night.

Do I need to have 2.5.5 on both ends of the rsync (via ssh) to provide
useful test results?  I've been trying different versions of rsync on
the source side, but I've been using a 2.4.6+patches on the dest end of
the rsyncs. I think I'm almost ready to upgrade all the dests.

Thanks for the rsync 'roadmap'. I think it is a good plan.

eric