Do you like rsync 2.5.5?

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Wed Apr 3 10:14:50 EST 2002

I'd very much like to get a stable 2.5 release out so that people can
upgrade their production machines with confidence and so that
distributors can freeze it.  I know some people are still running
2.4.6 (+backports) for understandable reasons, but it would be good to
give them the option to upgrade and avoid the hang bug.

After this we can perhaps move on to 2.6 and be a bit more liberal in
accepting patches.  I think there is some scope for making the
file_list and hardlink handling much faster, but I don't want to do
that in a stable series.

So:

  Has anybody tried 2.5.5?  Did it work well?

  Are there any other patches you think really need to go into a 2.5.6
  before we proceed?

--
Martin