2.4.7p1 protocol differences?

Dave Wreski dave at nic.com
Tue Oct 30 10:22:07 EST 2001

> I'm not aware of any protocol differences.  Can you be more specific?
> Try to give us some simple steps to reproduce it if you can.

Actually, I screwed up. The remote side had quite an old version of rsync.
Upgrading to 2.4.6 fixed the protocol problems but hasn't fixed the hang
problem.

It's really strange because it hangs in the same place every time, and
it's the only instance of rsync from the 30 or so in my shell script that
cause a problem, with other instances transferring much more data. Other
instances are also on the same server that work fine.

I was almost thinking it was getting stuck on a socket or symlink or
something. While there aren't any fifos in that directory, there are about
50 symlinks..

> I'm not sure how much data it takes to trigger the bug.  What kinds of
> hosts, and what transfer method are you using?  Perhaps you'd like to
> try appling Wayne Davison's no-hang patch on 2.4.6 rathern than using
> 2.4.7p1, from

They're all Linux boxes with OpenSSH_2.3.0p1 as the transport on both
sides, using ssh1. I just tried the patch and it hangs in the same place
as 2.4.6 stock and 2.4.7p1.

Thanks,
Dave