problem with 2.4.7pre4

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Fri Nov 30 10:12:24 EST 2001

On 29 Nov 2001, Jeremy Hansen <jeremy at xxedgexx.com> wrote:

> Linux.

By the way when reporting bugs like this it is good to give a more
specific description, like "RedHat 7.1 on x86".

> Other files are ok, even files that are simular in size, I have a
> 700meg file that seems ok.
>
> I'm aware of the 2 gig limit, but these files aren't close to 2gigs.
> Note that I get very bad behavior with 2.4.7pre4, it doesn't even attempt
> to copy, 2.4.6 just seems to fail at the end.

2.4.7 should not have a 2GB limit unless the underlying OS does.  On
Linux this means that you need a moderately recent version of both the
kernel (>2.4?) and C library.  If you have that, despite running on a
mostly-32-bit processor it should work properly.  rsync --version will
tell you whether rsync *thinks* it can handle big files, but it's
possible that they will still fail.

That error often means the ssh connection is failing.

Can you please post the exact command you're running and the rsyncd
configuration file?

--
Martin