Where to get 2.4.7pre1

Dave Dykstra dwd at bell-labs.com
Thu Nov 1 02:30:11 EST 2001

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 08:05:09AM -0600, Dave Dykstra wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 02:14:53AM -0800, Ian Kettleborough wrote:
> > Subject: Re: 2.4.7p1 protocol differences?
> > Can you please tell me where I can doenload a copy of rsync 2.4.7???
>
> The pre release tarball is at
>     http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/preview/rsync-2.4.7pre1.tar.bz2
> You'll need to have bzcat/bunzip to uncompress it.
>
> Martin or Tridge: please put a pointer to preview releases and/or this
> specific release on the download web page.
>
> You can also get the absolute latest out of CVS by following the
> instructions at
>     http://www.samba.org/samba/cvs.html
>
> but using the package name "rsync" instead of "samba".

And for those of you without CVS access or brain-dead firewalls you can
also get the latest development version at
    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/unpacked/rsync/
or
    ftp://rsync.samba.org/pub/unpacked/rsync/

Those should be mentioned on download.html too; it currently gives the
impression that they're only available through rsync.

- Dave Dykstra